Klaus Union Gmbh & Co. KG - Logo
KLAUS UNION GmbH & Co. KG
Blumenfeldstraße 18
D-44795 Bochum
Tel: +49 234 4595-0
Fax: +49 234 4595-7000
www.klaus-union.de




70 Years KLAUS UNION

1946

F. Klaus Maschinen- und Apparatebau GmbH founded by Franz Klaus at the company's current place at Blumenfeldstrasse 18 in Bochum, Germany.

Company founder Franz Klaus and the company building in the 1950s.

1955
First magnet drive pumps unveiled at the Achema trade show.

1957
Union Armaturen GmbH founded in Dortmund, Germany;
Construction of the first Titanpump in Europe

1961
Both firms pooled on the terrain of "F. Klaus Maschinen- und Apparatebau GmbH" in Bochum-Weitmar, Germany

1972
Both firms merged under the new company name "Franz Klaus Union Armaturen Pumpen GmbH & Co. KG"

1978
Development of a new magnetsystem (Basis Sm2Co17)

1980
Sealex trademark registered for Klaus Union products

1989
Klaus Union receives DIN ISO 9001 certification

1991
Market launch of Twin Screw Pump with magnetic coupling

1999
Market launch of the DIN EN 22858-certified SLM NV magnet drive pumps for chemical applications

2003
Klaus Union unveils its magnet drive centrifugal pumps at Achema in Frankfurt.
- Flow rates up to 3500 m³/h
- Pump output up to 450kW

2005
50th anniversary of the launch of magnet drive technology

2006
- 60th anniversary of the founding of Klaus Union
- A standalone service affiliate, Klaus Union Service GmbH, is founded

2007
Market launch of the SLM AVP magnet drive centrifugal pump per API 685

2012
Market launch of Twin Screw Pump with 'Plug & Pump'-cartridge design according to API 676

2016
Klaus Union celebrates its 70th anniversary

2016
Market launch of the magnet drive centrifugal pump in closed coupled type SLM APC per API 685